To Fish Or Not To Fish?

I have had the breif to my Professional Practice Module for over a week now, and its starting to sink in. It's about a campaign project called "The end of the line" , the world is over-fishing and we're running out of fish fast!
My illustration task is to design a book cover (front, back and spine) for The End of the Line by Charles Clover. I can only use ink, in black and one other colour, and i must create my own hand-drawn type.
So my first thoughts were to research the campaign, and play around with ink. So for the last week i have done just that , and i have learnt new facts about the fishing world and i have discovered some really interesting and effective marks through using ink.

Today i watched the film documentory from the campaign. I feel guilty for having salmon in my freezer and tins of tuna in my cupboard. Running out of fish and how that effects the worlds' ecosystems and oceans is scary- the scale of the problem is much larger than i thought. It was a great insight to watch this film and see whats really going on across the planet.
I'm going to research into fish species that have severely decreased, i want to see what they look like so as i can interpret this accurately through an illustration.

I had no idea how big a Blue Fin Tuna was - Finding Nemo did not warn me about any of this! :)