The Consumer

A Monster Project











During this project i did alot of research into brands, packaging and target markets. I've realised packaging has much more of an influence on me than i previous thought, the way a product is packaged is so key to its success and the design holds the power. Although i've found product packaging that really impresses me i've also realised i dont want to be a package designer. There's far too many rules and restrictions, especially with food packaging, and i like to use my imagination in a much more free way.
Creating monster characters out of playdough and plastecine was the highlight of this project for me. I loved pretending i was a child and making colourful modules in any shape i wanted, it was a really fun activity. We went on to create an animation featuring the monsters, this was a slow process and wasn't as successful as i'd hoped. However i still love the monsters and think there are other areas in design to discover where they could be shown off to their best.